Garage Door Maintenance & Tune-Up Service in Long Island
To ensure safe and efficient operation of your garage door, preventive maintenance is a must.
What Is Preventive Garage Door Maintenance?
Preventive maintenance is performed on a regular basis to ensure the proper functioning and extended life for your garage door. Below are some preventive maintenance steps that you can follow:
- Check and clear the tracks: Check the tracks for cracks and debris. It’s common for sticks, leaves and other debris to obstruct the track and prevent the door from moving properly. Simply removing the debris on a regular basis can help prevent issues from occurring.
- Apply lubrication: The moving parts of the garage, such as the hinges, tracks, chains and rollers, are all susceptible to getting stuck or breaking. Applying lubrication such as white lithium grease or silicone spray will help to keep all the garage components functioning smoothly. The lubrication will also minimize the opening and closing noises of the garage.
- Tighten the hardware: Many features of your garage, such as the roller brackets, contain nuts, bolts, screws and other hardware that can become loose over time. Tighten the parts regularly, and replace any parts that are cracked or worn-out.
- Find the balance: A balanced door opens and closes smoothly. An unbalanced door, however, will work harder and wear out more quickly. In order to test the door’s balance, disconnect the opener or gently raise or lower the door to the halfway point. If it starts to fall or ride up, it’s time for a spring adjustment. Keep in mind that a spring adjustment should be done only by trained professionals, as the process can be dangerous.
- Contact the professionals at A Better Door: Some maintenance steps can be done DIY, but for thorough maintenance with more advanced tools and expertise, you can count on the professionals at A Better Door to troubleshoot and make adjustments that will extend your door’s lifespan.
Benefits of Preventive Maintenance For Your Garage Door
There are many benefits to performing preventive maintenance on your garage door, including:
- Increased longevity: Maintenance helps to ensure that the door will not weaken or be damaged over time for a longer lifespan.
- Less worry: You won’t need to worry about your garage door malfunctioning and not being able to get your car out.
- Better performance: Garage door tune-up service and upgrades will keep your door running more safely and efficiently.
- Saved money: Regular maintenance and replacing small parts can prevent major issues and save you money in the long run.
- Safer: Prevent mechanical issues that make your home less safe and present danger themselves.
- Increased resale value: A garage door that is in good condition will add resale value to your home.
Overall, preventive overhead door maintenance will make your garage door safer and more efficient, which will save you money over time.
Preventive Maintenance Services Offered at A Better Door
At A Better Door, we offer many services that can keep your garage door working properly all year round for many years.
Our “Peace of Mind” Garage Door Tune-Up Service
During the winter months, we offer a “peace of mind” tune-up service. With this service, you’ll be able to get your garage door ready for winter by receiving annual lubrication and adjustment services to make sure everything works correctly.
Our peace of mind service will put you at ease — you can trust that your garage door has received the necessary tune-ups to get you through the winter months without incident.
When you receive our preventive maintenance peace of mind service, your garage door will receive:
- Full lubrication of springs, hinges, rollers and all other necessary components
- Inspection of cables and springs for wear, fraying and fatigue
- Adjustment of spring tension and door alignment to make sure the door is properly balanced
- And more!
Contact A Better Door Today
With a reputation for high-quality work and excellent customer service, A Better Door can handle all of your garage door preventive maintenance needs.